Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, April 29, 2011

I want to know why.

The more I think about it, the more it ticks me off, this overlapping event business. Mafia Wars players were so appreciative of the recent slowdown, and the fact that the Terminator event thingie didn't overlap with another event when it started. I want to know why Zynga seems to be forgetful of that. I want to know why all of these players being so appreciative of an event slowdown was ignored.



Three days ago, we were publicly thanking Zynga for the break. Positive reinforcement, if you will. I posted about it several times. We noticed the lack of an Easter-themed event, and started to be a little bit hopeful. As the Mafia Wars Loot Lady says in this post, "I'm not complaining about the lack of a Easter event. We all suffer from Event Fatigue . . ." and Informant Podcast said "It is about time[!]"




Naturally, I had some things to say about it too.


I went out of my way to say thanks, and so did a lot of other players. Nick Greig commented that it "was a pleasure to play this weekend without the 'stress'of the spam or pop-ups related to some event or another. Once every 3 or 4 weeks really is enough!"



This person called it a TRIUMPH.

But that's not all! Yesterday, we were asked about what type of events we liked best. I couldn't help but notice that there were several common threads in the landslide of comments left by players. Not just about the types of events we wanted to see, but one thing that was mentioned over and over again was players saying they just wanted to see the events staggered, spaced apart, with a break in between.


It was such a common thread that this user simply copy and pasted what the woman above him had posted, and signed his name to it! It should be obvious to Zynga what players are saying, but apparently we were too subtle. Are we not speaking loudly enough?


I really, really want to know why there are again overlapping events in the game. 




1 comment:

  1. They really don't care. As players continue to lost interest, for varying reasons, they try and get extra clicks out of those remaining, by putting in more of the things that cause people to lose interested to begin with. It's a destructive circle that would be pretty easy to break, if they just listened to the community.

    I think MW needs a major overhaul top to bottom. Standardise the flash in every city, iron out any long term bugs, get the same features on every server. I'd even go as far as to say to amend every item in the game so it's a little more "Mafia realistic". I liked that feel when I first started playing.

    ReplyDelete