Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A look at "bullying"

What is bullying?

This is a hot topic in Mafia Wars as of late.

I have, heretofore, been rather indifferent on the topic of bullying, as it pertains to Mafia Wars.

In my experience, most players view behavior to be abusive when they are attacked repeatedly in the game. Honestly, I think most players have a rather extreme view of what bullying is. For me, the real questions are "how often" and "why?" We have a rival's list and a power attack button, and a lot of players with a lot of health. I must admit, I think the majority of cases of "bullying" fall into the category of competitive game play that someone else merely finds annoying.

But, game play CAN become abusive, I do recognize that.

I'd like to know what YOU deem to be abusive game play? Comment here, or email me your story at mistyfiedmafiawars@gmail.com 

This is what Zynga considers abusive behavior. Essentially, the only thing Zynga will claim responsibility for is the names of players in the game.

But is Zynga looking more closely at this issue than we realize?

4 comments:

  1. How about when a Rovin' Rebel, Diamond Level, player 1000 + above your level, sits on you for weeks at a time just because you're the girlfriend of someone they had a verbal disagreement with? I even tried to reason with the guy. His comment "You're so and so's girlfriend, enjoy!". THAT is straight up bullying! But, he's given Zynga A LOT of $ so it's okay. Favoritism at it's extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a player attacks and robs you hundreds of times a day and virtually makes it impossible for you to play plus demands loot in return for stopping attacks this is definitely abusive.In fact this is extortion and I personally know of a case where one player has been doing this for over two years.Reports were sent to both Zynga and FB with screenshots and proof and yet nothing was done.
    "Many reports currently involve actions or communication outside of Mafia Wars. As such, those reports are outside of our jurisdiction to act upon." Why would this be so if proof has been provided? Zynga should be able to take action and suspend players. Extortion is a crime and as such both FB and Zynga should be held liable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people deserved to be on my "shitlist" with their actions & their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make it a point to avoid hitting players who seem considerably weaker than me. However, there is a racist that Zynga never did anything about, so he is on my shitlist.

    ReplyDelete