Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, April 30, 2011

new secret stash spam/scam?

I'm starting to get a few of these things posted on my wall. First of all, the mere title is a ginormous red flag. "Mafia Wars 1,000 Reward Points Bonus". Now does that really sound like something Zynga would do? And I immediately noticed the little "bit.ly" blurb underneath the title. Zynga uses their own url shortener. This is disguised as a Secret Stash - something that we would normally click on when they are posted to their wall, but there's nothing mentioned about any stashes in the post itself.






Hesitantly, I clicked on the wall post, and it brought me to this page. C'mon, do I even need to pick this one apart? It's obviously not legit, it's obviously not from Zynga. Pfft. A "PIN code" that looks suspiciously like javascript code? Just delete these if they are posted on your wall, and examine your stashes closely before clicking.

I can't even imagine what the creator of these posts is after, don't even care. But it's obviously trying to propagate itself and it's obviously not Zynga, so it's automatically suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment