Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Response to Minis getting pulled

What is your response to mini-energy packs being pulled, and replaced with 3 large energy packs? 

And if you say "but Misty, 3 x 125% > 6 x 25%," I will straight up smack you, because it's not that simple unless you're a player with a very small amount of energy (I know they do exist, but they hardly represent the majority). Think about it. What's going to happen is, you're going to be excited to use your big shiny 125% energy pack, but you're going to realize very quickly that a ton of energy is going to get wasted when you level up, since Zynga, in its infinite wisdom, allows no sort of energy rollover. That first level-up will be easy, due to the big energy pack. IF you're lucky and have a sweet spot of stats and ratios, you might be able to sustain another level-up, but that's questionable and certainly not guaranteed.

Then what? Oh, now you wait another 8 hours for your next energy pack. You will probably be able to repeat that cycle about 2x a day, or else very closely plan your daily schedule to hit the packs exactly every 8 hours.




 Even on the Mafia Wars blog, almost all of the comments were AGAINST pulling the mini energy packs.





In one thread, a player states 
"The minipacks were awesome. I love the flexibility. We all hate having to beg for them. So do you get rid of the begging? NO! You get rid of the flexibility.

To use 3 125% energy packs with an 8 hour timer, you have to use them at exact times during the day. So most of the pack will be wasted anyway. Either that or you realistically only get 2 packs a day. So now instead of leveling 5 or 6 times a day with the mini-packs, I'll probably only be able to level 3 or 4 times a day with these mostly wasted larger packs.

Thanks for listening, Zynga! Maybe next time you should listen to the actual problem and deal with that."
In that same thread, another player says

"I don't want to get rid of the min energy packs, I just want to get raid of having to beg for them . The min packs are good , I don't waste 1000's of energy like with the full packs . Why not have it like the old system were you click 1 button to send your mafia energy packs?"

Gee, where have I heard that before? Oh, right, it was my idea that Zynga decided not to listen to.




This person states it well: 
"It couldve been much much much better implemented. They could've found a way to get around the constant begging which seems to be the negative factor."
I rather disliked a moderator's comment implying that players should've spoken up louder about having liked the energy packs, because there was a lot of negative "outcry" about the minis.

Tell ME that I should speak louder?

Maybe I need to because Zynga isn't listening.



I give it less than 24 hours after everyone has the "fix" before the same people who "like" the big energy packs will be back on the forum, complaining that Zynga doesn't let their energy rollover when they level.

More forum threads on the subject:
http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=998535

http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=998042

10 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm missing something here, please correct me if I am wrong. But what I'm hearing is Zynga pulled the energy packs because players complained about spamming to get 'em. OKAY so what about all those darned GIFTING EVENTS or should I say LOOT EVENTS. I guess those don't spam the wall, create annoying pop ups or infiltrate your friends gift box with requests. HELLO....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My timer says to refill in 14 hours....not 8. Good job Zynga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another thing, if they can change something like the mini packs so easily, why the heck can't they give us daily players the CRACK THE SAFE thingie and the ability to initiate the new ops. I feel like I'm falling behind other players because I can't get a chance to get the NICE loot that is only available from these two game features. I can't crack the safe and I've seen players post they have "X" amounts of the loot from that. Other players are bragging about having "X" amount of the big loot dropping from the new operations that I can't initiate much less join because the spots are already filled when I try to join one. ZYNGA you're killing my love for this game. IF they can fix the mini's so quickly they should also put the same effort into fixing other features in the game..... JUST SAYIN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who does the game in triplicate I'm loving and hating this change all at the same time. I wish there would have been an option as to what type of energy refills you want - kind of like what kind of character you want. On my main I'd take the 3 full packs every 8 hours. I have limited energy there and this is going to be exactly what I need for that account. On the flip side my looters were thriving on the mini packs - serial leveling to beat the band! For those two accounts the mini packs were the ideal. ~W~ (Still waiting for the Crack the Safe on two out of three and the one that has it isn't my main where I NEED it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I used to forgive alot of Zynga's bullshit because I thought they was a Japanese Company and maybe was some language barriers or something. I deal with this in my work buying from Hong Kong and India and thats what it feels like.

    Like you speak Broken Zyngon and they Speak Broken Player and you try to work things out.

    You say "We don't like the begging element of mini-packs".

    Translates from Common Sense to Zyngon

    They hear "We don't like the mini-packs"

    We want the begging and using of our limited facebook requests to stop being wasted on shit, not another new idea.

    Now give me the fecking crack the safe feature as quick as you canged the damned packs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "but Misty, 3 x 125% > 6 x 25% by a few hundred percent", now can I get a lil slap and tickle going on ;)

    Hell Zynga are slapping us around like we're some kinda Gimp(s) and showing us piggies hoping we'll squeal Deliverance style so I figure I may as well make with the enjoying of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, specifically because of 'squeal like a pig', I have never been able to bring myself to watch that movie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's funny is the PAC pushed for Mini-Energy Packs. They listened but got it wrong by making us beg, we gave them ideas around that, they listened and added a request feature (your idea) to a small number of accounts and then BOOM they took it all away and blamed it on player feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched deliverance way back when it first came out its one of them films which while being shocking isn't that special and the piggy scene is about the only memorable bit of the film so your not really missing anything ;)

    Really if the PAC was involved with trying to solve the energy pack 'problem' in the start, it should be consulted with each stage, to avoid NONE-Playing devs screwing around on a whim.

    I guess Zynga don't like being told.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regardless of what anyone complains about the minipacks etc. being at 3 x 125% is still MUCH better than what we had before the minipacks were implemented, so bitching about it is pretty much just that: "bitching".

    I'm so damn tired of people complaining about rolling over energy, which would be a very idiotic move from Zynga. The energy pack was designed to help us in getting to a level up position because the skill points we have to assign in attack and defense (and health) in order to be a good fighter WILL leave us short of being able to level up.

    Just assign your skill points accordingly, it's as simple as that. If you build an energy account, it's only normal that you will be wasting more energy than others when using a pack. It is YOUR mistake, PERIOD. Most of you knew that from the day you started that energy account, so stop it with the bitching already and PLAY SMART instead of demanding everything handed to you.

    ReplyDelete