Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reward point purchases: read the fine print

Even on the initial, annoying pop-up you get for this reward point "sale", the wording says "up to 30%", not just "30% off". In fact, only the most expensive package shown carries the 30% discount. 



It seems you have to buy at least the package for 215 reward points to get the boldly advertised discount. And no discount at all for the lowest reward point package - you know, the one most players are more likely to buy? 


And it's not just me, this has come up before. I call this foul play on Zynga's part, and you can bet that they just lost some of my money. In the past I have frequently purchased reward points when they are 40% or more off of the original price, but rarely the larger packages. If a good sale hit me at the right time, I might would spend an average of $20 on reward points. 


With this new wording and price structure, it simply reduces the probability that a good sale will actually fit into my budget. Sorry for ya, Z.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately you will be amongst the very few who actually READ these things, and they will make lots of money with not-quite-misleading-but-lying-anyhow advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misty, I borrowed your images for a post. I've been waiting to get that and none of my accounts have it. I still get the old boring straight forward pop-up.

    ReplyDelete