Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, April 22, 2011

a Zynga "Customer Support" story


 A few days ago, I ran across this note by a friend in my news feed. It's a story of her recent experience with Zynga customer support, and if you've ever had to contact customer support for any reason, I rather suspect you'll find the story very familiar. Sue recounts that she contacted customer support about bosses regenerating health during boss fights, and was initially happy when she got this response:


Hello Sue,

Thanks for contacting Zynga Customer Support!

My name is Milton, I am glad to assist you, I apologize for the previous delay and I am really sorry for the inconvenience, since that you have experienced issues with the Boss Fight. I am a daily player and I understand how frustraiting this can be when you can not complete the Boss Fight, sometimes there are tecnical issues that may affect the game.

Because you are a important customer, I already checked your Mafia Wars Profile and I noticed that you have completed the Boss Fight Capitão Tinto. I am happy to inform you that I have awarded with 10 of each Consumable Boss Fight Items and 15 Reward Points as a one time courtesy, in order to give you a chance to Refill your Stamina, I would appreciate if you could check your account to confirm that it was updated sucessfullly, as previously you had 0 Reward Points and your new total should be 15 Reward Points.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have further issues don´t hesitate and contact me back.

Have a Nice Day Sue!!

Kind Regards,
Milton R.
Zynga Customer Support

Now doesn't that sound familiar?

Sue was really excited about this at first - after all, being compensated with a few reward points is a nice thing for them to do, but she quickly realized that her problem had not really been addressed at all. In effect, she was paid for her silence. She quickly wrote back to Milton.


Hi Milton. Yesterday when I received your e-mail I was happy to have a response in such a small time frame and even more happier when you gave me the Rps and Fight consumables. But then this morning I did another Boss fight and the exact sa...me thing happened. At that moment I realized nothing was fixed, I was paid off by Zynga to just "let it go" Although I appreciate your generosity I would like to know what if anything is being done about this. There are others in my mafia who are going through the same and we are all getting very frustrated. It is not fair to me but also to my mafia members who have helped in the fights and used their own stamina and/or consumables to help me out but then to have the whole thing re-set and back at square one.


Milton did respond nicely enough, but still nothing at all was really resolved.

Hello Sue,
Thanks for contacting Zynga Customer Support.
My name is Milton and I'll be more than happy to assist you in this matter. I truly apologize for all the time without receiving a response to your incident on not being able to complete the Boss Fight.
I was checking your Boss Fight issue and found that there are other accounts affected with this inconvenience. According to the development team, the resolution is in progress, I would like to ask you to please bear with us while we resolve this.
Because you are a valuable Player, I am happy to inform you that I checked your Mafia Wars Profile and I have completed for you Let the Pros Handle It: Task: 3 - Win 1 War. I would appreciate if you could check your account to confirm that it was updated sucessfullly.
At Mafia Wars support, we admire your exceptional gaming skills and we believe that real Mafia Wars is about people like you. Just like the Godfather, I got your back!
Your understanding is greatly appreciated for us to keep working to make Mafia Wars as enjoyable as we can. I'll look forward to hearing from you again!
Kind regards,
Milton R.
Zynga Customer Support

We aren't getting customer support, we're getting placated (if we're lucky) and nothing's getting fixed, so it's more like a customer crap-shoot. Tell me I'm wrong. 

Do you have a similar story? Post it on the Mistyfied Mafia Wars fan page wall or email me at mistyfiedmafiawars@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. Lol exactly .. I remember when I could in my meager mogul self manage a fight with a few issues .. in Italy at Red level the bosses beat my ass like a red headed step child ..

    I pitched in to help a team member and ended up hitting Pancho Saluo or whatever his name is for roughly 300 pts and he in kind hit me for more than 1.5k .. so basically for every 300 pts I do I get instakilled. There is no balance in the boss fights .. I ve complained a few times to no avail .. should nt be that hard to code in a blurb regarding balance during the fights.. if I have 2k attack 2k defense .. he should have something better so at least it is some what fair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of the mw responses are auto-responses like the above - they do have (but did not know they were already using) auto predictive word searching and variable response giving programs...
    If you have a friend at mw/zynga - ask them about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a problem at the moment with zynga....in 3 days time it will be a month and still no resolve to my issue.....let alone none of the other issue's I'm having are resolved either and i have received nothing...typical for zynga now!!!!! get used to it

    ReplyDelete