Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zynga ignores players call to help the southeast USA


 
 Across the south-eastern United States, rebuilding has yet to begin in many communities. Families have yet to bury their dead.




Players have asked Zynga to sponsor a fundraiser to help the victims in at least six states that were blown away by the severe tornadic storms that ripped through here last week.  Or maybe only earthquake victims matter to Zynga, since they are near a major fault line.

Many players have outright said that they would spend money on a special loot item (as has been suggested and requested), but maybe it's not a priority for Zynga, since they wouldn't profit from it.



Or do they?

I live here in the south too, just northeast of Metro Nashville. It was indeed a rough few days, but there were no touchdowns in my immediate area. Nearby is another story. More than once I grabbed my cats by the scruffs of their necks and went into the laundry room - the "safest" room in my apartment, in the event of a severe storm. Most of us that live 'round here instinctively identify our "safe rooms", as these types of storms are rather frequent during certain times of the year here. A safe room would be the lowest, innermost room in your house or on your property, or wherever the heck you may when the skies threaten. 

But I digress. My point was, check out that storm map from last week. Ya think there might some affected, even severely affected Mafia Wars peeps in there? I think that's a strong possibility.

Hello? Zynga?? We'd like to do something!

In the absence of helping through our mutually-favorite game of Mafia Wars, I strongly encourage you to contact your local Red Cross to find out how you can help. I've worked with my local Red Cross many times over the past several years, I can tell you they really do get as close to the problem as they can to help in situations like this.

Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation, or visit the website to donate, give blood or volunteer.

1 comment:

  1. They outta do sumtin I would and they could profit off of this. First of all they'd get a publicity for helping, plus donations to the fundraiser, if the item is rp people would buy, and they could even set up a advertisement for the item like join netflix and get the new item.

    -Austin Mw

    ReplyDelete