Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review of Roughhouse Rafael Boss Fight Event

 
**republishing for archive purposes, due to blogger's recent mishaps**Zynga has been trying some new types of events lately, probably partially in response to the enormous player outcry over constant gifting events, so I thought I would dissect this latest new boss fight event a bit. I'll try not to editorialize, and just point out what I liked and didn't like about it.




First off, I'm not aware of many bugs in relation to this event, which is an improvement.



There is, though, the major issue of many players such as myself completed the event prior to being able to earn the achievement. For me, Zynga's customer support was very quick and willing to resolve my customer support ticket on the matter; I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately though, a lot of players don't realize that they CAN contact customer support about this, so I think Zynga ought to award the achievement to all players who complete the event prior to the quest for the third combo, without them having to ask.





Something that I think definitely made this event bland for me was the lack of interaction with my mafia about it.  Just because we don't want to rely on gifting and Facebook requests constantly doesn't mean we don't like to interact with each other - in fact, that's the best part of the game for most of us. 


Comparing this boss fight event with old boss fight events (Beat The Feds, On In San Juan, Rumble In Russia, etc), I like those old boss fight events a lot better in general, minus the host of bugs they had. With those events, we were really helping our mafia when we attacked the bosses they were trying to beat. It was fun to try and out-do other helpers. It was fun to see how long we could whittle down a boss before getting crushed. It was fun to keep track of the progress each of us made in boss fights - not just our own, but our friends' too.




I liked that there was an achievement associated with the event. That's a plus.





 

While gifting was involved, at least it was only for one of the items. However, collecting the other items was a bit of a pain. Drop rates for the ammos were absolutely terrible. Awful. Atrocious. Icky-yuck.







As far as the combos, I'm kind of "meh" about them. Since there were only 2 combos to be found through "self-discovery", all of the news feed posts about them were the same thing, over and over again. There either needs to be a lot more combos to make those news feed posts worthwhile, or the news feed posts for the combos need to be eliminated since they were redundant and therefore Spam.





 
Even though the issue of the achievement was resolved for me, I still don't get to take part in the "quest" for the third combo, so I can't review that although I hear it's coming soon. Which kind of sucks, but it was my decision to go ahead and finish the event. 





All in all? Not a bad event, but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment