Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, May 26, 2011

X-Men First Class loot drop event hits the feeds

The X-Men First Class loot drop event has begun!



You'll be seeing these in your news feed.



There's also a "New" notification over near the top right of the screen, just under the My Mafia tab.


Clicking it will show a list of the items, and apparently the number of each that you have.


Clicking on the home page module will also display that information, as well as where each item comes from.


The X-men Crest weighs in at (32,62). That's not going to be useful to me.


Havok's Chest, at (38,63) likewise isn't going to be helpful for me.


Azazel's Sword, (62,37). Meh.


X-Men Blackbird, (33,62).


X-Men Suit, (51,51)? Seriously?



Shaw's Submarine, (63,35).


Cerebro, (63,37).


At (85,140), Magneto's Helmet is well worth the while, however. And in addition to the loot items, we'll be able to send 2 types of boosts for triple X-Men items from jobs and fights.

We'll be able to keep up to 10 of each X-Men item.


The items do appear to be giftable and can be added to your wish list.


The Mafia Wars blog has also posted an update about the event.
X-Men: First Class doesn’t drop in theaters until June 3rd, but you'll be able to get your hands on some X-Men loot today! That’s right, the X-Men are coming to Mafia Wars with extraordinary loot to heighten your defenses like Magneto and strengthen your attack like Beast!
For doing jobs you’ll receive: the X-Men Crest, Havok’s Chest, Azazel’s Sword, and the X-Men Blackbird. For fighting you’ll receive: X-Men Suit, Cerebro, and Shaw’s Submarine. When you collect all 7 items, you’ll be rewarded with the mastery item, which has 4 levels of mastery, Magneto’s only defense against Professor Xavier’s mental powers: Magneto’s Helmet! All 7 items are available to drop in any city and are tradable, so you can help any mutants you may have in your mafia.
There will also be 2 Free Gift, limited edition X-Men boosts that will help you collect all of this supernatural loot. Magneto’s Magnetic Field causes 3 random X-Men loot items to drop from jobs that would have normally dropped only 1, and Frost’s Diamond Form causes 3 random X-Men loot items to drop from fights that would have normally dropped only 1. It certainly pays to have super powers!
 
So it sounds like we'll be able to "master" the event 4 times. Also, it won't matter which city you're doing jobs and fighting in; the loot will drop from all cities.


And the special X-Men boosts can be found on your free gifts page. You can send a Magneto's Magnetism, or a Frost's Diamond Form.

Thanks Tina and Keith for the fast catch :)

8 comments:

  1. You have two of your members who have been attacking a lower level person for 7 days now,this is not a good reflection on your group, "LIL NICKY" & "PSYCHO LADY" How sad, this is all they can find to do!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. collected magnetos helmet first time..how do you reset it to collect for the next time ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a reason for those attacks, dear Anonymous. In fact, perhaps I'll make a nice post about it to reveal all of the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no need to reset for the next time through... just keep finding them and you will have the button to turn them in again... they don't go away... just max out at 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do that MISTY DADY, Tell the truth,,My wife & I Deleted the PHYSCO because of her attitude, So she & HER SIDEKICK LIL NICKY, Decided we should be attacked for 2 weeks, Does that make a lot of sense???? WE Quit the game & Facebook because there are to many assholes like these on Mafia wars & they still keep declaring war on our characters,(even though we have quit the game)That proves beyond a doubt just how stupid these people are,,,I think it's funny as hell, I have a life other than this stupid game, & maybe you people need to get a life also, You have to spend 20hr a day with your nose in a computer,acting like a bunch of 10yr olds......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already did, Wayne, I already did. Feel free to search the blog for it, if you haven't already.

    The chain of events is plain to see on everyone's walls, so don't lie to me. You and your wife couldn't handle being corrected by someone who you felt to be a lower level player. You were a real dick about it, in fact, and her friends attacked you. Not just Nick and Rebecca.

    You couldn't handle that, so you lied to your Facebook friends and said that they had been attacking you for 3 days at the time (false). You and your wife both told your friends to report Nick and Rebecca, maliciously and for no good reason, and THAT is why you remain on their rivals list. And I will be the last person in the world to ask them to remove you from there.

    Greetings from Magnolia Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Janet and Wayne..

    It is painfully obvious how simple the two of you are to see through. I will take pity on you and make it easy for you to find the Blog that pertains to this whole debacle. http://mistyfiedmafiawars.blogspot.com/2011/05/when-mafias-attack.html

    As far as your continued need to call us names, I must say that it really does point to just the type of personality the two of you have and why you shall remain on my rivals list.

    You see, I still take great joy in declaring war on you every chance I get. Would you care to know why? It is simple really...because I cannot stand people like you who are unable to keep things from getting derogatory and personal. You crossed the major line when you sent me an inbox calling me names. You further crossed the line when you kept posting my link to be reported to FB in hopes that you could get my account taken away. That doesn't even cover the myriad of names you called me in posts on your wall. For those reasons alone you shall remain my rivals indefinitely. Of course this doesn't even cover the names you called Nick. You have only yourselves to thank for this.

    As far as you being upset that my friends and I continue to declare war, I really want to know what it matters? As you said you have quit MW and FB. It obviously upsets you, and the only reason I can think of is because you are waiting for me to forget, and remove you from my rivals. That ain't gonna happen. I suggest you don't hold your breath.

    As you said you have other things you can do, I suggest you stick to those other things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waynet (you signed anonymous so we don't even know which one you are), I'll even save you the hassle of searching :) The write-up on the events can be found at http://mistyfiedmafiawars.blogspot.com/2011/05/when-mafias-attack.html.

    What's funny is that you think we were sat here 20 hours a day attacking you. But then that statement sits alongside all your previous overblown exaggerations quite well.

    I'm glad that you realise there are too many assholes on Facebook and done us all a favour and quit. I would however be happy to see you come back, as I miss the easy XP from taking you both down. After all, you called my best FB friend a bitch repeatedly, and asked your friends to report my account as fake, so it was the least I could do.

    ReplyDelete