Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, June 24, 2011

Big Payoff or Big Ripoff?

Here is my first energy run at this Big Payoff job. Based on the initial results, I'm thinking it's less of a payoff and more of a ripoff.

When performing this job, there is only a *chance* that you will earn experience points - something that we take for granted when doing jobs. There's also a chance for +5 attack or defense.




I blew through 24,000 energy, and got 8,000 XP and +5 attack. That's a return rate of .33 -- that's terrible. And I could've gotten +5 attack from leveling up very easily with the 24,000 energy that I had. Oh, and I guess I got a little less than half of a Thin Ice mastery item :-/

So I loaded up on an energy pack, putting me at 30,000 energy.

Here are those results. That's .27 xp return this time, although I did get more attack and defense points, which I would _not_ ordinarily have gotten with 30,000 energy.

So 54,000 energy later, and this puppy is still only 77% mastered.


Sooo...I went ahead and got an energy refill.The returns from this run of 24,000 energy were pretty abysmal.

Finally, with only 1,000 energy to spare, I mastered the job for the first time and earned my first Thin Ice! We can master it up to 25 times I think, but if it is going to take me 78,000 ....I dunno if even I can pull that off.









4 comments:

  1. ..LOL.. as a fighting acct i certainly WONT be even thinking about attempting that one...Most of these missions they are coming up with are hardly worth all of the effort you need to put in and the rewards crap considering how much you have to do.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap... With around 3400 En, looking at 20 loads of En. just to master it once... 500 loads o master it 25 times...

    Hmmm, I think I'll skip :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another potentially good concept FUBARed by the Zyngons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was 1 and done - I could do it again, but I won't

    ReplyDelete