Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Single Click Permissions

Yesterday I noticed that I had this pop-up when I went to ask for more Construction Workers in Brazil. I don't like how this is worded by Zynga. I know that the game doesn't publish directly to my friends' walls, it goes to MY wall. Once published to my wall it also appears in the shared FB feed.


If I click Continue I get the Request for Permissions pop-up asking for me to grant permission to Mafia Wars to post to my wall. Personally I don't want to grant this permission to Mafia Wars at this time. I wish to have full control over each post I publish to my wall. I understand that they are trying to reduce the amount of clicking that we are doing, however, I can't help but think about what happens when they expand this one-click posting ability beyond asking for parts. I don't want to accidentally click on something that I didn't intend to publish and have it be published. A prime example would be for the option to brag about every 10th upgrade I do to a property. I like being able to cancel a post before it gets published.

Unfortunately, Zynga doesn't seem to want me to ask for parts unless I allow them to have these special permissions. Yesterday I canceled the first pop-up instead of clicking Continue, today I clicked Continue and regardless of what I did I was still not given the pop-up to publish asking for parts, but the timer is now set to the the 24 hour wait. I don't like feeling as though I am being forced to grant Mafia Wars this permission in order to beg for the needed parts.


Thankfully, I had decided to grab these screen shots and had opened Mafia Wars in a framed tab to do so. I still had it on the upgrade area on my unframed tab so I decided to give it a try and see what would happen if I clicked ask for help. It worked, I was able to publish the post this way.
I can see the potential that this could have in the game, but I can also see the drawbacks of this feature.

5 comments:

  1. I dont trust mafia wars to only publish to the walls of friends who are mafia wars players in my mafia. I know when I get the dialogue box for sending requests that it includes people who are NOT mafia wars users in the list of my "mafia". If it lies then, its going to spam the walls of non game players and annoy people. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel that Zynga would abuse this access, but I'm more concerned about - why and how is it going to post on our friend's walls effectively? I would rather post to the news feed for these requests, you get faster responses.

    It seems like there was a similar feature in a couple of events last fall, like the governor's race and the don's supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_o me no like this, not one bit.
    very big potential for quitting the game over this. i can see this expanding out to include all manner of posts,be it useful or just spammy and as it is I can hardly look at my Feed without feeling a bit of disgust for the unholy mess it is in its current form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if they are going to be publishing directly to friends walls or not, but I think that it is just them not getting the terminology correct. I would hope that they are not going to go to direct wall publishing as that would be a pretty bad thing, and we wouldn't get the clicks that we currently do.

    I don't see them abusing this either, but I still don't want it having these permissions UNTIL they remove the ability to ask for more help on a friends job, bragging every 10th upgrade of a property, and all the other useless posts that could then start REALLY clogging the feed more so than they do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get asked every five minutes now, I'm going to quit over this

    ReplyDelete