Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Zynga's Q&A: #1 Pop-ups during fighting


A few days back, the Mafia Wars blog posted a list of 22 popular player issues, concerns, and questions, which they have derived from communicating with the Player Advisory Committee. The past few days have been very busy, but now that I have a moment and some motivation, I wanted to take a closer look at this list to see how well I'm represented. Zynga says:
. . . we recently asked the Mafia Wars PAC (Player Advisory Committee) to compile a list of issues currently frustrating our player community.
To be clear, we've talked about a LOT of issues over the past few months since the formation of the PAC. This is just a list of 22 top issues that have repeatedly come up, based on what each of us have seen in our respective personal networks.

Over the coming several days, the Mistyfied team will be taking a look at this list item by item, and sharing our own perspectives on each issue.

Not everyone will agree on every point, and not every point represents every player or even every member of PAC. The PAC represents a wide variety of values, opinions, and approaches to the game. The majority of players probably don't even know the PAC exists, yet among those who do, some seem to feel that members of the PAC should have some accountability to represent all players. As a member of the committee, I can only say that I am a player too. My opinions are only my own, and I can only represent my own little niche in the Mafia Wars community. Most certainly I do not represent the PAC as a whole, I only represent one member: myself.


This was the first item on the list.
1. Popups during fighting (except for ice/kill popups) are making me miss out on icing other players! Grrrr!
We totally agree that popups disrupt the fighting experience, so we’ve removed unnecessary popups to allow you to ice and kill uninterrupted. There may be a rare instance when a popup occurs, but, for the most part, you should notice that this issue has been greatly improved.

Please share your feedback regarding Popups During Fighting
.
 
This is true, some of us complained about this a lot. When the PAC first met at the end of February this year, we had all just suffered through the Valentine's Day event of 2011. Those damned broken hearts, omg.

But hey, they did finally quit with those types of events, and pop-ups during fighting are usually just normal fighting pop-ups like ices.

Zynga wants to know what you think about getting pop-ups when you're fighting. Visit this Getsatisfaction.com thread to voice your own opinion about it. I made sure to voice my own opinion there, and I encourage and ask you to do the same.

One issue that was brought up in this thread is about Iced posts in particular. I support the reduction (not removal) of Iced posts. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Reduction of ice posts may not be such a good thing. A lot of organized families (clans) have fight pages/walls. At times of war the ice posts are used as a determining factor of who has the superior strength by the postings. In a war - it's all about the ice posts.
    In times of peace players can show their ice counts to either deter or attract drive by play. Think of it as a show of strength.
    How do you propose to reach a compromise with groups posting ices as a part of their game play?
    Is this a personal issue of yours? How does it negatively effect your game play? If it ain't broke don't fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read my last paragraph :)

    "I support the reduction (not removal) of Iced posts."

    Is it a personal issue of mine?
    Yeah, iced posts have been a major source of irritation for me in the past. And sometimes still. My focus now is, I'd like see purposeless ice posts reduced severely. As I mention in the original blog post, I recognize even a personal need to be able to post my ices. I don't want them removed. I just don't think ices need to be a popup. I'd like to see it added to the fight result screen like the old fight secret stashes were. A button you could click to post it if you wanted to do so. That provides functionality for all instances where an iced post is desired or needed, yet reduces clickmonkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a bonus that they turned off pop-ups during fighting (a contributor in Stashes being discontinued?) but they've kinda compensated for it by making fighting INTO a pop-up haven't they?

    As far as the icing posts go, I don't think they should be reduced at all. Seeing those who post them all allows me to keep my Mafia size down ;) (after trying to educate them of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Misty's idea that icings should be in buttons, not pop-ups.

    ReplyDelete