Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Zynga's Q&A: #10 War Declared Notifications

Zynga Q & A #10 War Declared Notifications.

It really gets on player's nerves that while they are in the game and playing they get no notification at all when a war has been declared on them.

Topic #10 on Zynga's Q&A list is all about these notifications and they want to know what you suggest.

10. The red "War Declared" flag doesn't always show up. Can Mafia Wars notify me in any other way when war is declared against me?

Notifications are tricky... how would you like to be notified?

Above you can see I declared war against my adversary. They were in the game and playing Mafia Wars. They weren't notified anywhere with any red flag that I declared against them. They even went from Home to Properties and still they were clueless that somebody had declared against them. With how fast wars can be over this doesn't bode well for them at all.

Just by chance they went to their Player Updates and there they saw that I had gone to war with them. So in some way we are notified, but there is a slim chance that somebody would be stalking their own player updates to catch a war being declared on them in time.

Luckily they were able to get to this war and call for help before I had a single person helping me, but only because we were working in conjunction to get these screen shots specifically for this post.

The only time that the red flag appears with either War Declared or War Over is when you completely exit out of the game or refresh the tab. I know I stay in the game until I'm done with what I am doing. Very rarely will I back out and go back in repeatedly. This means no notification for me if I keep Mafia Wars open.

4 comments:

  1. FLASH ON SCREEN OR HIGHLITE US IN A MESSAGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have notifications like the one in ZMC. Everytime someone declares a war against us a message
    is sent to us in a separate fight centre (in this we could also have hitlist notifications) or we could have a small
    popup near the ZMC (in an unmodal window). Another thing I would like to talk about is the declare war feature in
    the fighlist. As we know it does not appear against the names of all players in the fighlist. So we should expect it to
    be appearing against only those whom we can declare a war against. But this does not happen. We get the
    message “xyz is already in a war. Attack him in his war now”. Also this attack him in his war should not come when
    we cannot attack him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audible Alert when war is declared!!!! Some sort of harsh sound when ICED or ICING someone else. Animation would be a great addition as well.

    Daily player

    ReplyDelete
  4. Declaring war against someone SHOULD be limited to only others that are currently logged in and playing the game. I have had NUMEROUS times when I have just turned on my pc for the first time that day, started playing, and find out only after I have clicked on 'Declare War' that I see one was declared and finished.... while I was sleeping. Even while playing, I have tried the SMS and email notification options.... never received one to date. Zynga has become quite adept at adding new pop up consoles to annoy and disrupt our game play, there shouldn't be any reason they cannot add one for a war declared against us.

    ReplyDelete