Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Zynga's Q&A: #13 Do we really need the Gifting pop-ups?

13. I’m sick of the gifting page popping up whenever I enter the game. I know how to gift and if I have gifts waiting for me. I don’t need this annoying reminder!

How would you prefer to be notified that you have received gifts?


Please share your feedback regarding the Gifting Page Popup.

This is addressing one of the more annoying pop-ups from a long list of annoying pop-ups in the game in that it is guaranteed to appear while offering no benefit to player, their mafia or improve upon the gameplay. Below is the screenshot of this gifting page pop-up, which comes up every single damn time we enter the game and sometimes even when we refresh the MW homepage.

And right after that is our received gifts page. Again we do NOT need the constant reminder via pop-up that we have received gifts. The MW programmers have thoughtfully given us the Zygna Message Center, or otherwise known as the Gift Envelope at the top the of MW header.

It is small, unobtrusive and most importantly it doesn't get in the way of gameplay and that should be more than sufficient in notifying us of any gifts we have received and it leaves it up to the player when they want to process those gifts on their own time. Just to be clear, every single player who has played over 2 weeks time already knows how to get to the gift page and no one, I repeat no one, needs the constant reminder what that gift page looks like every time they load the game. If and when we want to send gifts to our mafia, we will go to the page and do so on our own time. There is no justifiable reason to constantly remind us to gift our mafia.

While I've got your attention, let me bring up a couple more from the long list of annoying pop-ups. Unlike the gifting page pop-up which affects everybody, these are more a recurring annoyance for someone like me that still plays the Las Vegas Tournaments.


On any given day when I go to play the Las Vegas Tournaments this is what I have to do.

1. Click [Travel]

2. Click [Las Vegas]

3. Click [Fight]

4. Click [Tournament]

5. Click [Vault] and then enter LV$ amount.

6. Click [Withdraw]

7. Click to select Heavyweight

8. Click [Enter]

9. Click [Fight]

and so after intentionally clicking 9 different times to get where I WANT to go, I get this:


Now if I were in grade school, my answer to this pop-up question would be a big fat "Well Duh!!!". But since I am not in grade school then I leave you with this...


"Thank you Zyna for looking out for me. Every day and sometimes twice a day by a very Massive Sheer Coincidence by "randomly" clicking I end up on this Tournament page and being quite unsure if I want to continue on or not, Zynga has put in this safety pop-up thereby saving me from "randomly" wasting my stamina on this Tournament thingy. Thank you again Zynga for putting in such a time-saving pop-up!"


Obviously that quote from me was tongue-in-check and since I have yet to find a Sarcasm Font that in translation is stop wasting my time when of course I want to fight in the Tournament, I did click 9 times to get there and do not need another useless pop-up asking me to confirm my choice.


Also a very useful Tip is when the Tournament countdown clock goes down to 00:00:00, that means the previous Tournament is over, finished, kaput, time to start a new one. We don't need the pop-up below telling us the same thing.



These are just the short list of certain pop-ups that just have to go because they do not contribute anything positive to the game but annoy us and slow us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment