Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Evolution Of A Player

Once upon a time, you were not allowed to be my Facebook friend for Mafia Wars unless you met my very precise specifications. How many of you remember me from back then? I was a pistol! If you posted every time you iced someone, I deleted you. If you posted your wish list a lot, I deleted you. If you posted “I Helped, Your Turn!” posts, I deleted you. And I could really whip myself in a frenzy ranting about such inconsiderate Mafia Wars players, too! 

I ended up with a few people giving me a piece of their minds, but I was always ready for them. Surprisingly, a lot of people tolerated me, or even admired that I was fearlessly outspoken with reasoned opinions. 

I authored many strongly-worded, sarcastic notes, the brunt of which were aimed at educating people how to be kind to their news feed for the sake and sanity of their Mafia Wars friends. 

In my old Mafia age, I have become a much more tolerant person, and believe it or not, I’ve been harshly criticized for this by some. I’ve been accused of being more focused on keeping up with the Joneses of Mafia Wars than telling people how to play Mafia Wars. Well, I can’t keep up with the Joneses, as I do not have the attention span to do so. And is it really a bad thing that I don’t tell people what to do all the time?? 

It was stated that I have gotten away from what made Mistyfied Mistyfied. I don’t look at it that way. Mistyfied has evolved, changed, and grown. And let’s face it, at this point in the game, I’m not going to change anyone’s minds about anything. 

Gone – long gone, are the days when newbies flooded the feeds and just didn’t know yet. I don’t need to tell players what to do any more. They know what they’re doing, and if the way they play their game pisses me off that much, I just delete them. It's not that hard, and it is that simple. Much easier than making a big stink out of everything. I believe anyone who thinks players want to have lofty beings telling them how to play their game are going to find they don't have an audience in the current game community.

We’re all here to play the game, but for some people that still seems to involve bossing everyone around and playing on a high horse because they judge themselves allowed to do so. Me, I just want to play the game. 

Congratulations if you want to stay the same. I don’t. I'm glad I am what I am, and I’m glad Mistyfied is what it is today. I'm so sorry we're not good enough for you, but: I don't care. 

4 comments:

  1. Mistyfied has a time-honored tradition of putting like-minded players together. Opinions will always vary, Mafia Wars will always continue to not work right, haters gonna hate, and the sun will always rise in the east tomorrow morning.

    When I first started playing this damned fool's game over 3 years ago, I saw the immediate value of filling my family with smart players from all styles and tendancies, and Mistyfied has always been the 'local watering hole' where like-minds congregate. I suspect anyone having 'beef' are likely short-sighted and just looking for something to be pissed off by.

    But again, opinions vary. Meantime, viva Mistyfied, and thanks for all the steady support, news, advice, tutorials, introductions, etc. that could only occur when stones of similar weight, shape, and mass congregate in the stream-bed (or newsfeed!)

    Word.
    -'CF'-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but I remember those days well! Our acquaintance started with one of those early notes, you accepted my FR and the rest as they say is history. Over 2 years now...where does time go?
    ~Wella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a puny probably level 60 or so player and Misty, well past level 1,000 at that point, helped me immensely! Not only with her common sense guidelines but she gifted me tons of stuff to get the ball rolling. Now I'm an old timer myself I think, but only mid-level type player, and am glad for any opportunity I find to help a similar n00b. Thanks Misty! (BellaDonna)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was offline for a week or so and just saw this horrible news>>>>Awwww PEPITO BAM, such a great friend, many a night we shared Cuervo shots over the internet, talked about our bikes, iced a few thousand mafiaso. He sent me the nicest message when my bobcat Gizmo died, printed it out and it hangs near my computer. He wanted nothing more than to live in his "remote" location, share a few laughs with friends, care for the animals and ride his bike whenever possible! Ride my friend Ride!! God's Speed!

    ReplyDelete