Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mafia Wars 2 goes Live

I woke up today to an influx of Mafia Wars 2 invites, signaling the public release of Mafia Wars 2.

Now that it's been released, Closed Beta testers are able to talk about their experience. So I'll tell you this: if you were hoping for something to hang on to, with the decline of Mafia Wars, Mafia Wars 2 is not going to be the ticket. In fact, at first I had a hard time getting into the proper "testing" frame of mind because it was so different from the original game of Mafia Wars. I was able to get more into it after I accepted that it was Just Another Game.

Once you get over that fact, it's kind of a cute game. The main character has cute sideboob, anyway! And the Peeing in a Fountain objective was amusing. As I said, it resembles Mafia Wars not at all, and bears a striking resemblance to all the other boingy, blingy Zynga games. If you remember the game Crime City, that's what it reminds me of.

You would think Zynga would consider doing another game like Mafia Wars, considering it had over 20 million daily players at one time, before they started trying to kill it. I don't think Mafia Wars 2 is going to appeal to the original players.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto. I tried it out and it is like crime city. They took away simple things and made them more complicated. They should have just improved MF1 and not come out with a whole new MF. Stinks, but it is as told above, just another Zynga game.

    ReplyDelete