Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Zynga won't let you request Special Parts unless you speed build

If you've ever wondered why it seems like you never have the option to request Special Parts, you're not alone. The problem seemed to begin when we started getting these new limited time properties, and it was perhaps for that reason that many eventually stopped wondering about it. After all, we were requesting New York property parts constantly for whatever the new property was, so maybe that's why the option to request Special Parts wasn't there.

It was around that time, however, that the property build screen was given a facelift, and there simply IS no option to request for Special Parts on that new property layout.

All of my properties are fully upgraded, so I've requested no build parts lately. Yesterday, when I went to build from my properties, it was within an hour of my free build, so I went ahead and paid RP to speed up the build option. Once I paid the RP, the screen flipped, and I found myself looking at the OLD property build layout--and there was the Ask for Special Parts button!

I was in a hurry, so it warranted no more than a HMMM from me at that time. But later yesterday, a Family member of mine asked the now-familiar question: Why can't I request Special Parts? That finally prompted some testing on my part, and the results were the same as what I'd noticed yesterday morning: the option to request Special Parts wasn't on the normal build screen, but after paying reward points to speed up a build, the build screen reverts to the old layout, and you could then request Special Parts.

So in other words, you have to spend RP in order to request Special Parts through the game. MAYBE this was an oversight on Zynga's part, maybe not.

It seems your best bet is to SEND special parts from the free gift page; people are more likely to return whatever gifts you send to them.

For a quick fix, I recommend the FBMWAddon, specifically its "Gifts Page (Short Links)" feature.


Using that will generate a pretty graphical post to your news feed. Frankly, I've found that people respond to posts with graphics and icons faster than they respond to plain gift links.

Within minutes, you'll already have a few Special Parts in your ZMC (Zynga Message Center). Collect those first.

Then go to your Facebook requests page and collect them again :0)

You can find FBMWAddon HERE.

Alternatively, you can also use Spockholm's Linkanator to generate and post free gift links.

No comments:

Post a Comment