Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, February 10, 2012

MAFIA WARS more on Mafia Poker, poker card collection, and limits

I didn't get a chance to play with the new Mafia Poker season in Mafia Wars last night due to the late hour when it arrived in our game. Now that I'm looking at it and reading about it more, I can't say I'm overly impressed. We'll have about 9 more days to try and complete this, but unfortunately right now the only way to get cards is to publish a post to your Facebook news feed asking for them.

I got 14 cards when I made a news feed post; according to customer support, we should be able to get up to 20 cards from our posts. It looks like we'll be able to create that news feed post asking for cards every four hours. I know many of us got ticked off over the flood of poker cards in our ZMC during the first Mafia Poker season, but I have to say it kind of sucks that the Poker Card is not on the Free Gift page.

On the bright side,you can collect more Poker Cards by clicking on the news feed posts of your friends. I collected over 70 (73, to be exact) before I finally got bored of the clicking. This is good for those of us with a large and active mafia, as we can readily find posts to click to gain Poker Cards so that we can keep playing; but it's not so good for players with smaller mafias.


If the number of cards shown in your Mafia Poker game doesn't match up with the number of cards you think you should have, you can check your Inventory for Poker Cards to see the exact amount that you have.


Unfortunately for some players, when they generate a post to their Facebook news feed asking for Poker Cards, those of us clicking on their post get the message that the feed has expired.

This happened to me this afternoon, and I wasted over an hour with customer support trying to get the situation resolved. Since this is a timed event, I felt that they should credit me the 20 cards they told me each post can collect. The customer support agent only offered me 10 reward points, which would only buy me 10 Poker Cards!! I argued with him and finally got ticked enough to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor at first told me the same thing, but after I pointed out that I don't harass customer support and milk them for reward points like many players BRAG about doing, he finally capitulated.

Not surprisingly, I'm not certain of the information that the customer support agent and supervisor gave me. The agent told me we could collect 120 cards per day from feeds. The supervisor told me it was 140--120 from our own feeds, and 20 from other players' posts. Well, I already know that part is incorrect, because I collected 73 by clicking posts earlier today. Given all these issues with expired feeds, I wonder if it's not the other way around.

I suspect there's a hard limit of either 120 or 140 per day. Which stinks. You better have at least a 50/50 win ratio to master this event, if what they told me is correct.

We should be able to get these as gifts.

☟Like this post? Then share it with your Facebook friends and Families!

No comments:

Post a Comment