Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Zynga Rejected based on 'difference in values': I want to shake this man's hand!

Lots of news has been floating around lately about Zynga's acquisition of Omgpop, largely on account of its "Draw Something" mobile app. This deal included hiring the Omgpop developers and designers...only one man turned Zynga down: call it a difference of values. Zynga wasn't willing to negotiate regarding his personal ownership of and development of a mobile app, and he wasn't willing to sell out. I want to shake this man's hand.

"I felt that the company's representatives were breathing down my neck. If I didn't sign, and sign soon, I wouldn't have a job."

". . .the company's values are completely opposed to my own values, professionally and creatively. Because I believe that developers are at the front lines of game development and deserve to be treated well, and I didn't trust Zynga to do so. All this was still true -- except that their complete unwillingness to negotiate with me only confirmed my concerns. Why on earth was I even considering joining? "

Read the full article on Gamasutra HERE.

Big thanks to the Smoking Monkey for forwarding this article to me. Bananas on the house! And Shay Pierce? Muchos kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment