Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I Call a Problem.

                                                         Before you read this know that I still hope the game can be saved.

The problem that mafia wars faces, as far as attracting new players, is that Mafia Wars has a reputation.  I know people who have never even played MWs that are aware of how involved the game is (Mafia Wars junkies have been identified by society lol).  I have been told that Mafia Wars does not seem like it would be fun, and my friends and family have told me many times they believe the game ultimately causes me stress and anxiety.  So why would they start playing? Wouldn't they be crazy to volunteer to play this game? Who would sign up for this crap?

I guess the main reason I still play now is because I played back when it was fun. I'm like a drug addict chasing that first high, only it is becoming more and more obvious that those days are long gone.  The game really is not that much fun anymore.  It is a job with an asshole employer. A full-time job for many, and at the very least, a part time job for most - and the pay is crappy...  Really it is the people I have come to call my "family" and friends that keep me playing.  And yes, I still enjoy a good fight.  But as for most of the actual game? It is a burden.

The game is in its death rattle.  Only the most radical changes in the players' favor will entice players back and new players to start, and I doubt even that would save the game. I think ANYTHING Zynga does will be too little too late. The game used to be simple and fun. It has now become something that requires you to sacrifice nearly everything in your life to maintain, even to a mediocre degree. MAFIA CHORES.  Full of timed events, clocks and timers, reward points, limits, limited this limited that, pop-ups and spam, on and on. It just makes me sick.  And really, I'm not sure there is much I can do about it, besides not spending anymore money.

You can't reason with a moron.  At every turn Zynga has run counter to reason.  Misty herself said it best last night:  "Can't Zynga find a bigger target than their own foot? ::facepalm::". Their next brilliant move should be to stop giving out a reward point for every other level up.  Maybe also take away the energy and stamina packs.  And double the energy and stamina timers.  And how about adding TWO new limited time properties at once with even shorter beg period and more parts per level.  In light of all the other things Zynga has done, those seem like excellent ideas that should be implemented immediately all at once.

I want to thank Mafia Spirit for their latest guest article which inspired tonight's diatribe against Zynga: http://tinyurl.com/community-divided
Visit Mafia Spirit: https://www.facebook.com/MafiaSpirit

yours truly,
a very depressed {ℳ} ßrµ†µ§ =Ʀ²Ƒ=

No comments:

Post a Comment